Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Sharing from the Heart

I am someone who loves to help people out. I find it highly satisfying to help others out without asking for recognition or something in return.
 So normally I wouldn't post to "brag" about donating an item to help someone else.

BUT I was at work yesterday and got delivered this ADORABLE thank you card. I Love thank you cards. I love to receive them and I love sending them. I wanted to share and let you know about this awesome little boy.



 
That is Silas in the pictures! Here is a little bit about Silas from his facebook page:
 
"I am two and a half years old and have already been through more than the average kiddo! When I was born I faced some very large complications during my Mamas labor, which have led me to my diagnosis. Spastic Quadriplegia Cerebral Palsy along with Secondary Microcephaly, Plagiocephaly, Epilepsy, Severe Developmental Delay, and Tracheal Malay...sia, Non-Verbal and Non-Ambulatory. I am tube fed a Ketogenic Diet 24/7 through my J Tube and given all of my medicine three times a day through my G Tube. Despite the complications that all of these things bring I am a feisty little fighter, determined to prove all my doctors wrong who have told me that I will never walk or talk."
 
I was contact by Melly (Silas' mom) about possibly donating an item to a silent auction event they were throwing for Silas called "Sharing from the Heart" (It's an annual event) I immediately knew I wanted to help out. We donated a Maine slate clock for the silent auction!
 
Melly also used to work at the bakery I work at so my boss agreed to donate a cake for the event as well. Since I decorate most of the cakes I also got to make a cake for this event!
 
 
All the money raised from the event goes toward the cost of medical bills, alternative thearapies and other things Silas needs!
 
 
If you would like to learn more or follow along on Silas' journey OR help out visit his website www.silassaga.com  and like his facebook page www.facebook.com/SilasSaga

No comments:

Post a Comment