Tuesday, February 11, 2014
But I went for it anyway. Here are the goals I set at the beginning of January for our business!
1. 200 sales on Etsy for the year - we started the year at 144 sales so by the end of the year I'm hoping to be at 344. we are currently at 162 sales
2. 250 total likes on Facebook - Started at 128 likes. currently at 173 likes. This isn't a very high goal, I probably could have strived a Bit higher on this one but oh well!
3. 100 total followers on Pinterest - Started at 16 with a brand new pinterest business account. currently at 32 followers.
4. Participate in a craft fair - we are shooting for Arts in the Park in Belfast, Maine (our home town) We applied for it last month. It is a juried show and we will find out by the end of the month if we got in or not. If we don't make it in we will search for a different one to participate in.
5. Get up to 100 listings on Etsy - Evan thought I was a little crazy for this one, I think we can do it. We started the year at 40 listings and I'm up to 53 right now!
6. Blog 2 times a month - Honestly this is probably going to be my hardest goal to achieve. I am NOT a writer and I never think "hey, I'm gonna write a blog post about this" I'm hoping the more I force myself to do this to easier it with get and hopefully the posts will get better! I was just balancing our bank accounts and looked at the calendar and said "oh no, it's already the 11th and I haven't even done one blog post this month!" BUT I did post 2 times in January! and now I'm halfway there for February!
So there they are. 6 Goals. There are other things I could have added but I decided to keep it simple with the basics. I keep all the goals written down in my "current sales to work on" folder so when I open it to start a new order I see them and get reminded of what I'm working toward this year.
If you want to help with our goals like us on facebook! - www.facebook.com/AandEStoneworks
and follow us on pinterest! - http://www.pinterest.com/aandestoneworks/
Thursday, January 30, 2014
|I sent in 6 or 7 pictures for them to select from and they picked Mississippi to feature!|
|Here is a screen shot of our slide in the feature.|
"10 Awesome Things That Are Shaped Like States - State Pride Home Design"
Food & Wine Feature - follow that link to see our cheeseboard - picture number 4 of 10!
We are among some really amazing items! be sure to check them all out!
That's all for now!
Friday, January 17, 2014
When we started 2013 I made one business goal. And it was to sell a certain dollar amount by the end of the year. I am VERY happy to say that we made the goal.... TIMES THREE!
One of my goals for our shop for 2014 is to blog at least 2 times a month. Since it's already the 17th of January.... I best be gettin' a move on with my 2 for January :)
So I'm going to go back and share our December excitment that helped get our name out there.
We got featured in Down East Magazines "133 Maine Made Gifts" guide!! WHAT!? One of OUR products that WE made is in a printed magazine?
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
This past Friday the team held their 2nd annual Cash Mob. Pretty much you go to Etsy.com and in the search bar type in "maineteam" and GO SHOPPING! Lots of shops had one day sales, I had a 10% off sale and ended up with 2 sales from the cash mob! (you can type in "maineteam" any day of the year and find Great things that are made in Maine)
The really exciting part is that I went shopping too! :)
I "cash mobbed" eight of my fellow team members. Most everything I got are intended for Christmas present for my family/friends... so I can't show you almost anything.....
BUT I did get something for ME! :)
I am a huge Christmas person so naturally I have A LOT of Christmas ornaments.. I love them.. so I try to limit the number of them that I buy because our tree gets full quick. Since Evan and I have been married I have decided that we will only buy one ornament a year. (okay.. one SPECIAL one.. and maybe a few for good luck?)
This year while I was "researching" everything the Maine Team had to offer and trying to decide who I was going to Mob I kept coming back to this same shop because I desperately want their Mason Jar Chalkboard. I had it in my shopping cart for 2 days before the cash mob with every intention of buying it. The morning of I had a change of heart and decided I really should only be doing Christmas shopping. But then I saw the cutest Christmas ornament in the same shop and you could have it personalized. so I compromised with myself and decided it was a Christmas gift for Evan and I. That meant I could buy it, right?
Anyway, I did! and I got it in the mail yesterday and I LOVE it!
You should take a look at their shop they have amazing things. I also just found out that they have things for sale at the LL Bean Home Store in Freeport. If you know Evan and I at all... you'd know we LOVE LLBean so I think that is pretty darn cool!
I still plan on getting myself that mason jar chalkboard in the future :)
That's all for now, I can't show you my other amazing treasures but if you want to shop local without leaving your house head over to Etsy and type "maineteam" in the search bar.
Tuesday, October 15, 2013
Sunday, August 11, 2013
I told you I'm bad at blogging!! :) we just celebrated one year on Etsy yay! 27 sales and our product are in 2 stores! Pretty good for also having full time jobs with not much extra time to put into this business! We are learning to juggle them all! We had a very productive night on Friday and are starting work on some new products! I will share them soon! Ttyl -A